Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A funny little story from my life.....


Well I was at work today and was busy as hell doing mic checks and welding, I got all that done and a guy brings in a heads up display with a stuck screw for us to take out. So I got started, center punched it and started drilling a hole to use an EZ out, get a decent hole so I decided to try the EZ out, but that didn't work so after a little work I removed the other screws and pulled the front off of the H.U.D. and I was able to put a pair of vise grips on the screw. So I tighten the vise grips as tight as i could and squeezed the shit out of them to get them to close, then turned the vise grips and the screw starts to move a little then stops. so I have to squeeze the release on the vise grips so they will open and when I do they POP open and chip the glass on the H.U.D. I was just standing there like FUCK. well after an hour of drilling,grinding,and finally getting the damn thing out, my supervisor shows up and I tell him what happened. He tells me to call the guy that brought it to the shop and have him come down to show him the damage. well he shows up and I'm off doing something else when I hear my name called and there's a MSGT. 2 TSGTS 2 SSGTS looking at my handy work. well nothing has happened yet but I found out that just the glass that I broke is an $83,000 part. So it will be interesting to go to work tommorow. TSGT. Savell didn't act like I was going to be in trouble but fuck I broke an $83,000 part thats the main part to a $400,000 display. The joys of working for the Government. The picture at the top is a pic of the cockpit and the piece i broke is the glass around eye level at the top.

1 comment:

  1. Well I guess it's better to go all out if your going to break something, what's the fun in breaking something that doesn't cost much. BTW I agree with the Bill comment 100%!!!

    ReplyDelete